ANDRiOS (Android and iOS)
Android is a mobile operating system based on a modified version of LINUX kernel, designed primarily for touchscreen mobile devices such as Smartphones and Tablets. Android initially developed by Android Inc. which Google bought in 2005.
Current stable version is Android 10. It has been the best-selling OS worldwide on smartphones since 2011. Android has over 2 billion monthly active customers, the largest installed base of any operating system, as of January 2020 google play store has over 2.6 million apps.
Let’s now look into competitor of Android i.e. iOS. It is known as iPhone operating system which was created by Apple Inc. exclusively for hardware. It is the second most popular operating system in the world. Latest iOS version is iOS 13.
In 2005, when Steve Jobs began planning the iPhone, he had a choice to either “shrink the MAC, which would be an epic feat of engineering, or enlarge the iPod”. The iOS app store opened in 2008 and now has over 5 million apps in the app store. In june 2010 apple announced the iPhone operating system as ”iOS”.
( Merits and Demerits of these Systems )
- iOS has better battery life compared to Android.
- Android offers more variety to the consumers, compared to iOS.
- Android supports third-party apps but iOS does not.
- iOS offers a better smooth user interface than Android.
- Notifications are better in Android compared to iOS.
- iOS has better quality of hardware than Android.
- iOS offers the best security but Android does not.
- Android is affordable as compared to iOS.
Honestly it is quite hard to choose in between these two. Every consumer has different requirements, if you want to go for an affordable price and dynamic options to choose then go for Android. But if you want quality over quantity then go for iOS, it’s worth every penny